- 2020: Sunday 6 December, 10:00 - 14:00 on the subject: Yogic Tools for Cultivating happiness Series - What the Heart Knows.
Jot these dates in your diary for further seminars on Sundays in 2021
- 10 January 2021, 14 February, 21 March, 11 April, 23 May, 6 June, 4 July, 15 August.
These long as Satyanandashram is closed due to Covid-19.
Happiness is not something that can be understood universally, as there are different degrees of happiness according to one’s evolution e.g. for the sages happiness is achieved by overcoming the force of desire, whereas for the average person, happiness is found in achieving what one desires. However true happiness is inherent, it is part of our nature, it doesn’t need a cause. It simply needs to be accessed, experienced and expressed.
Nowadays, we need to make an effort to be happy, to develop a positive mindset, and overcome negative tendencies. We wait for external circumstances and other people to make us happy. But if we rely on externals to make us happy, we shall never be safe, as real happiness lies within. We are already happy on a deeper level; we are just not aware of it.
In this series, Swami Sivamurti Saraswati will look at the yogic tools available for connecting to our innate happiness namely tools for cultivating happiness through:
- Implementing the components of a yogic lifestyle from your home
- Pratyahara and self - regulation
- Living in the present
- What the heart knows
- Without a cause - for no reason
- From the obstacles we face on our path
- Through the wisdom of the chakras
- Through self acceptance and acceptance of others
- Connecting to positivity
- Laughter and a sense of humor
- Sannyasa: Satsang, seva, sadhana, sanyam and samarpan
The aim of this new series is to explore human personality, psychology and life with a holistic yogic approach to uplift our being and to improve the quality of our lives.
Each module will be independent from the other. One may enrol for all twelve sessions or on an individual basis.
Contribution: There is a contribution for the program.