Yogic Tools for Cultivating Happiness series with Swami Sivamurti Saraswati
- 2020: Sunday 20 September, Sunday 18 October, Sunday 8 November, Sunday 6 December
- 2021: Sunday 10 January 2021, Sunday 14 February, Sunday 21 March, 11 April, Sunday 2 May, Sunday 6 June, Sunday 4 July, Sunday 15 August
Online as long as Satyanandashram is closed due to Covid-19
Happiness is not something that can be understood universally, as there are different degrees of happiness according to one’s evolution e.g. for the Sages happiness is achieved by overcoming the force of desire, whereas for the average person, happiness is found in achieving what one desires. This form of happiness can be is related to the health and growth of the chakras and the predominance of one or another of the three gunas or qualities of nature. However true happiness is inherent, it is part of our nature, it doesn’t need a cause. It simply needs to be accessed, experienced and expressed.
Nowadays we need to make an effort to be happy, to develop a positive mindset, and overcome negative tendencies. We wait for external circumstances and other people to make us happy. However if we rely on externals to make us happy we shall never be safe, as real happiness lies within. We are already happy on a deeper level, we are just not aware of it.
In this series Swami Sivamurti will look at the yogic tools available for connecting to the innate happiness we have within, namely:
- Tools for Cultivating happiness through implementing the Components of a Yogic Lifestyle from your Home
- Tools for Cultivating happiness through Pratyahara and Self - Regulation
- Tools for Cultivating happiness through Living in the Present
- Tools for Cultivating happiness through What the Heart Knows
- Tools for Cultivating Happiness for No Reason
- Tools for Cultivating Happiness from the Obstacles we Face on our Path
- Tools for cultivating happiness through the Wisdom of the Chakras
- Tools for cultivating happiness through Self Acceptance and Acceptance of Others
- Tools for cultivating happiness through Connecting to Positivity
- Tools for cultivating happiness through Laughter and a Sense of Humor
- Tools for cultivating happiness through Sannyasa: Satsang, Seva, Sadhana, Sanyam and Samarpan
- Tools for cultivating happiness through Detachment
The aim of this new series is to explore human personality, psychology and life with a yogic holistic approach to uplift our being and to improve the quality of our lives.
Each module will be independent from the other. One may enrol for all twelve sessions or on an individual basis.
Contribution: There is a contribution for the program.