Providing the situation permits (due to the recent pandemic COVID-19), the program will take place at Satyanandashram Hellas.
Please refer to the website of Satyanandasram Ηellas (www.satyanandayoga.gr) for any changes.
The courses below are conducted in English
September 5 - 13
*These courses are conducted in both English and Bulgarian.
You are welcome to join in, or you may choose other dates which are suitable for your group.
Place: Satyanandashram Hellas Paiania Greece
Satyanandashram Hellas has been organizing Yogic lifestyle courses in the ashram for over fifteen years, based on the purpose that yoga should move out of the classrooms and become a daily living experience and a lifestyle that develops and transforms one’s personality and awakens our innate human potential, creativity and self-awareness of who we really are and what our purpose in life is.
Discover the relevance of an ashram in the modern world and immerse yourself in a yogic lifestyle experience that you can take home with you, and make your own.
Yogic Lifestyle seminars are designed to apply the philosophy and psychology of yoga in your everyday lives and the best way to learn this is at an ashram. Living a yogic lifestyle also requires moving from yoga practice, to yoga sadhana and then incorporating the precepts of yoga into your lifestyle, which is the main thrust of the Satyananda System of Yoga.
About the program:
The day starts with an early morning yoga class, to catch the shanti rasa (special vibration present at this peaceful time of the morning). Each class contains a variety of asanas (physical postures) ensuring that all parts of the body are toned, stretched and exercised, and /or the shatkarmas (cleansing techniques) of Hatha Yoga.
The asanas are followed by breathing practices and various pranayamas, mudras and bandhas, followed by a short relaxation Breakfast is then served in the garden, followed by a class on living consciously or living with greater awareness, and a practical session of karma yoga. After this, there is a program which includes theory and practice with workshops on various topics pertaining to yoga as a lifestyle which could include any of the following topics listed below:
• The Satyananda System of Yoga as a lifestyle
• Awareness: the alpha and the omega of yoga
• Gyan, bhakti and karma yoga harmonizing head, heart and hands
• The 18 ities of Swami Sivananda (the 18 cardinal virtues for material and spiritual life)
• The ashtanga yoga of Swami Sivananda (serve, love, give, be good, do good, purify, meditate, realise)
• The relevance of ashram life in the modern world
• The yogic yamas and niyamas
• The power of positive thinking
• Overcoming difficulties and developing self-esteem
• Chanting and kirtan
• The SWAN principle of Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati - a psychological tool for working with our strengths, weaknesses, ambitions and needs
• Sadhana: our personal yoga practice
• ‘Yogic capsules’: practices for the busy, modern lifestyle
• Yogic cooking and nutrition
• Or you may suggest a subject of your choice.
This is followed by lunch with fresh vegetables from our organic farm, Yoga Nidra of the Satyananda system of Yoga, tea and a theoretical and practical program with workshops on subjects pertaining to yoga as a lifestyle. After dinner, there is a rich and varied evening program.
“When you start incorporating yogic principles in your life, then yoga becomes part of your lifestyle. It is reflected in your behaviour and interactions. This disciplined, positive and awakened individual helps himself as well as others: family, society, the nation and the world. Yogic lifestyle is the college subject of yoga.”
Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
• Nearby ancient sites – The Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion overlooking the Aegean Sea or the Temple of Artemis at Vravrona.
• Coast/seaside of Attica coast.
• Athens (The Acropolis and its museum, the flea market, etc.,)
• Day trips to nearby islands.
For more information please contact:
Tel: + 30 2106644189/ + 30 2106028531
Εmail: [email protected]